1. Welcome to The Brilliant Home, a new community for people looking to discuss smart homes and connected devices. We hope that you'll considering joining our community and taking part in the discussions!

Does Revolv work with Yale Real Living lock?

Discussion in 'Revolv' started by chris, Jan 28, 2014.

1. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

This is the only hub that I don't own. It lists Yale locks as being supported. SmartThings website also listed Yale locks as working. They technically work. I can lock and unlock using the app. The main function for me would be to have geofencing recognize our iPhones and auto-unlock. SmartThings can't do that yet, at least with the Yale lock. I haven't seen a lock that works properly. So does the Revolv support Yale locks? In practice, does it work. I arrive home and the door unlocks.
  2. Casey @ Revolv

Casey @ Revolv New Member

Hi Chris - Apologies for our late reply! We certainly do work with Yale Real Living locks (in addition to Kwikset and Schlage, as well!) You can set up Revolv with the GeoSense, just as you described, so your door will be unlocked when you arrive home, and will be locked for you when you leave. If you have any other questions, you can reach out to me directly at casey@revolv.com. Cheers!
  3. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Awesome! That's great to hear. I've had extremely mixed results using Vera and SmartThings. I might have to add a third hub to my home.;)

BTW, thank you for joining what is a new and hopefully growing community. I greatly appreciate your taking the time to stop by and post.
  4. Casey @ Revolv

Casey @ Revolv New Member

It's absolutely our pleasure! We're excited to be here :) You'll also be excited to know that, while we can't reveal any details just yet, we've got some amazing lock-based features rolling out in our upcoming app updates. They're going to be great!
    chris likes this.