1. Welcome to The Brilliant Home, a new community for people looking to discuss smart homes and connected devices. We hope that you'll considering joining our community and taking part in the discussions!

Huey App for Philips Hue Changes Lights Based on Movie

Discussion in 'Philips Hue' started by chris, Apr 16, 2014.

1. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

This is a pretty awesome app for Android. Huey uses the camera on your Android phone to view lighting on a subject. So, let's say you are watching a movie, Huey can adjust the colors of any single or combination of Hue lights based on what's happening on your TV. The implementation is a bit cumbersome. You'll need to prop it up on a stand. As you'll see in the video by Geek.com, you need to point it directly at the TV. It will also drain your battery. Still, this is definitely something I've wanted from my Philips Hue and definitely something worth checking out. The Huey app is free, which is also great. You can grab it here at the Google Play Store. Reviews seem positive for the most part.

Of course, you can use this for more than movies. It's ideal for gaming and even TV.

My current setup doesn't have lights behind my TV. This has me considering the strip lighting.
  2. savver

savver New Member

Great idea if it weren't for battery life. I can't see my phone lasting more than half a movie with the camera enabled.